Did you know more than half a billion plastic straws are used every day worldwide? Eliminate single-use plastic straws with multi-use bamboo. Reusable, sustainable, compostable, fair trade.
The bamboo straw is a useful tool that solves our world's plastic straw problem.
Bamboo is non-conductive. Bamboo straws can be used for hot and cold beverages.
Drinker-protector. 100% chemical-free. Eliminates exposure to leaching toxins from plastic straws.
Biodegradable: can be disposed of by composting. No landfill.
Thick enough to be used for all styles of drinks, from cocktails to smoothies to hot chocolate.
Each straw has a unique saying naturally-pressed into the straw (pressed with a hand press, without the use of chemicals). And each pack of 6 has a unique combination of straws. Sayings include: no fear, bamboo is here; pokoloko planet protector; pollution sucks; waste not, drink more; thirsty for change; plastic draws the short straw; sustainable hydration station; sustainable slurp; bamboozle the polluters; sustainability is tubular; you’re ex-straw-dinary; the last straw; it was the thirst of times; the less pollution solution; feel the straw power; graceful not wasteful; biodegradable revolution; i think before i drink; plastic is drastic; you're strawsome.
A truly sustainable material. Bamboo grows abundantly at record-breaking speed. It produces more oxygen than hardwood trees. It fights soil erosion with its extensive root system which feeds back positively to the environment from which it grows.
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
- 100% untreated bamboo
- Each straw is 8” (20cm) in length and comes with a unique, customized saying.
- Each package of 6 straws comes with a 20cm long cleaning brush.
- Three cleaning options for easy care: 1. Hand wash with cleaning brush (brush included with each pack); 2. Dishwasher; 3. Boil in water.
- Each straw will last for 2-3 months if cared for properly and depending on the frequency of usage. For example, if used several times per day each day, the straw will have a shorter lifespan. If used several times per week, it will have a longer lifespan. On average, a straw should last 2-3 months.